The Nest: A Gathering Place
Nurturing Wellness, Connection & Creativity
Through Counseling, Classes, Retreats and Retail
As a therapist, my goal is to help you uncover your true potential, create meaningful relationships and lead a life of your intentional choosing. While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to better understand and resolve challenges in your life and, importantly, to create a vision for your future. By applying complementary therapeutic approaches, we will work through your challenges and develop specific practices to help you experience a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
If you're looking for extra support and guidance to help you through a challenging situation or if you are simply ready to move in a new direction in your life, I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
I strive to create a healing environment where clients feel safe, supported and inspired, not only to face their challenges but also to develop a deep sense of genuine wellness and connection.
In my practice I see:
Treatment specialization includes:
- Positive Psychology: The scientific study of human flourishing and an applied approach that weaves together ancient wisdom, neurobiology and modern psychology to develop optimal functioning (Rick Hanson, Ph.D., Dan Siegel, M.D., Joan Borysenko, Ph.D., Sonja Lyuborirsky, Ph.D., Tal Ben-Shahar, Ph.D., Martin Seligman, Ph.D., Kristin Neff, Ph.D.)
- Attachment Focused Therapy: (Sue Johnson Ph.D., Daniel Hughes Ph.D., Dan Siegel, M.D.)
- Use of Creative Modalities (Art, Writing, Creative Journaling, Music)
- Personal Growth, Enrichment, Empowerment & Self Care
- Mindfulness Practice
- Parenting Support
- Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
- Adoption and Foster Care Support
- Play Therapy (Theraplay, Nurtured Heart)
- GLBTQ Support
- Trauma Resiliency (TRM)
- Grief Counseling
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Creating a life of passion and purpose